Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mission Accomplished.

My goal was to breastfeed Harper until he turned one-year-old. Well guess what, I did it! I truly enjoyed nursing my baby and feel it is so important for bonding, nutrition, and well-being. I'm so close to being completely done nursing and am just waiting for my body to get with the no-more-nursing program. I would feel bad cutting Harper off if he was super attached to nursing, but he's not. He's actually been weaning himself gradually since February and most of the time is too busy and distracted to nurse. Another blessing is that he has taken to whole milk like a champ. He seriously guzzles it like it's water.

I feel good about what I've accomplished and am grateful I had no problems along the way. Monday night, my girlfriends Jamie and Corynn treated me to happy hour at Chino Latino to celebrate. It's been a looooong time since I could freely go out with the girls, and I loved every minute of it. We ordered several appetizers and a couple cocktails and had a grand time. We even made an impromptu stop at Victoria's Secret afterwards so I could treat myself to a new non-nursing bra. Yay! 

A few people have already asked if Josh and I are thinking of kid#2, to which I say, we've thought about kid#2 and know the answer is that we're totally not ready to think about kid#2. Right now we're focusing on enjoying our one-year-old, and I'm enjoying having my body to myself.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Megan Ann said...

Congrats! :)Harper is one lucky boy. I too look forward to the day I can get a non nursing bra again.