Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back to the weekend


Josh celebrated his 28th birthday this past weekend! I started off the morning by making his favorite breakfast, Naly Sneakys. Naly Sneakys are egg crepes filled with a cottage cheese/egg/cream mixture, then baked and served with syrup and fresh strawberries. My sister and brother-in-law Aaron stayed in town to share breakfast with us.

That evening we went out with Josh's brother and mom's side of the family for dinner at Buca di Beppo. You can always count on Buca to be a yummy meal. Harper was quite taken by the fast-paced restaurant and gaudy decorations. Overall he did quite well.

Then came Sunday, Easter morning! Here's Harper with his Easter basket. He wasn't much interested in it, so I placed it beside him for the mandatory picture.


Everyone thought our little dapper dude was quite cute in his Easter get-up. I think he thought so too.


Not the best picture of us, but it's the only one we got of the three of us:


Josh took some nice photos of my Easter dress. I had my mom bring me some of her hats for an upcoming afternoon tea, and I'm so glad she brought them when she did. It helped add more vintage vibes. The dress pattern is a vintage vogue pattern from the 1950s. It turned out really well, and the fit is near perfect. The crinoline I made to wear underneath worked alright. It did its job, but it kept riding up. I suppose being on top of nylons didn't help, but I need to figure something out before wearing it again. I'm hoping to wear this dress to the tea, so I guess I only have a week and a half. Hmmm. If any of you have experience with crinolines/petticoats, let me know!



Sunday afternoon, we went on our first family bike ride. The weather was gorgeous, and we've been highly anticipating being able to take Harper around in his trailer. We made it from our house around a small portion of Lake Nokomis before Harper started whining and pulling on his helmet. We were crossing our fingers to make it all the way around the lake, but we made it 3 miles and look forward to our next outing. I'll just take some time for Harper to warm up to his helmet. I must say though, his trailer is quite the luxury chariot!

1 comment:

Megan Ann said...

I love your dress! Very pretty!