Yesterday was a GREAT day! My mom came up in the morning to be with me and Harper, which worked out perfectly since Josh scheduled my one hour full-body massage for yesterday morning. This is my last week of maternity leave so having some me time to relax and for Harper to have some time with Grandma (and being fed bottles) was nice. Josh set up my massage appointment at phresh for 10am.
I've only had one other professional massage, so I was very much anticipating this day (I only dropped a few dozen hints about wanting a massage while pregnant!). The massage was so relaxing and fest amazing. I could tell my back muscles were tied in knots, most likely from carrying Harper around and having bad posture while nursing. Let's just say she worked on my back for quite a while. My other favorites were the scalp massage and feet massage...oh, and the hot steamy towels!
After leaving phresh feeling rather rejuvenated, I stopped at Jamba juice for a refreshing smoothie. Harper had been a really good boy for my mom and spent much of the afternoon napping. Meanwhile, I spent some time working on addresses for Harper's birth announcements, and my mom did a little sewing for me.
In the evening, Josh, Harper and I headed over to our church choir picnic located at one of the member's stately houses along the Mississippi in St. Paul. It was a lot of fun to visit with everyone in a casual setting. It was catered by our church's Chef Ben who made BBQ ribs, chicken, baked beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, and peach cobbler. YUM! Harper seemed to have a good time and definitely liked all the attention. Here's a picture of our friends' son Palmer chowin' down on a spare rib:
It was a great way to end the choir season, and we're looking forward to the next one! Josh was nominated choir president, and by that time Harper can go to the nursery so I can join back in too!
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment