Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A first for everything...

...even the not so exciting fevers and ear infection. I took Harper to the doctor yesterday afternoon to find out on top of his cold he has an ear infection in his left ear. Poor guy. He's had a fever since Saturday afternoon ranging from 101 degrees to 103.5 degrees.  Sunday he seemed to feel the worst and refused to be put down. He felt like a furnace and usual favorites like bath time couldn't even make him smile. Our rocking chair has definitely paid off this weekend, and I'm pretty sure my bum is permanently imprinted in it after hours of cuddling and naps in the chair. He seemed more himself yesterday and even gave a few smiles.


Yesterday, we successfully got him to sleep in his crib a couple of times after not being able to lay him down the night before. I'm hoping to try and get him back to his typical schedule and falling asleep on his own today so he's ready for tomorrow when I go back to work. 

Josh and I keep remarking how much he's looking more and more like a little boy rather than a baby. Aside from his looks, we also lowered his crib mattress as he is just starting to pull himself up on things. It's amazing what a single year can bring!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like you in this pic!

Cindy Olson said...

It IS amazing how much has changed in less than a year! He's getting to be a regular little boy!

Alyssa said...

This little boy has really discovered his lungs this week too and gets attention by screaming...not a fan.

mandahugandkiss said...

Not only is he absolutely adorable, he's going to have great hair, too!

Sorry about the sickness and ear infection. Glad to hear things are on the upswing!

Alyssa said...

He does have great hair, just like his daddy! I think he's going to need a haircut before his first birthday.

Jana said...

Poor guy! Hopefully things are ok now. Harper is so adorable! And his smile really shines up the photos.