Remember this little guy?
(Photo taken at 1 month old)
Now look at our grown up little baby!
(Photo taken at 5 months old)
It's amazing to look back at his first day and newborn photos and see how much Harper has changed in just five short months. He's sleeping at the moment (finally! - he didn't sleep much all day), otherwise I would measure him to share his current stats with you. I'll try to get to that tomorrow morning.
Harper is generally a very happy baby and has been from day one. Some things we've discovered as he continues to develop is that he is a busy-body! Harper does not like to sit still when not sleeping. Both Josh and I think we are going to get quite the workout once he's more mobile (we're SO not ready for that!). He currently will roll back and forth, over and over, and that along with some scooting can get him around a small area. He also prefers to sit and stand up as opposed to lying on his back. Harper's practicing his balance and strengthening his tummy muscles to hopefully start sitting up some on his own.
He likes spending time in his Jumperoo, reading books, being tickled, talking, screaming!, being outside, going on walks, and of course LOVES any and all attention. Both Josh and I think he's adorable when we or someone else makes him smile, and he plays shy and rubs his face into the shoulder of whoever is holding him. So cute!
Harper has definitely entered the teething stage and is constantly chewing on his fingers, toys, or whatever he can get his hands and mouth on! The teething was pretty evident today as Harper had a low-grade fever, was fussier, and was constantly pulling on his gums. I don't see any teeth about to poke through, but I'm sure there will be one there before we know it. It's not like him to be unconsolable or unhappy. It makes us feel so bad for the little guy!
Harper is also already starting to show some independence. Check it out!
Josh and I are still so amazed at our little baby boy. What a precious blessing! Life will never be the same, but now we couldn't live without him!

2 comments:
Happy birthday, Harper! You´re such a cute guy! :-)
I like how he pulls the bottle out and seems surprised and then moves his head to get it back in his mouth.
He is a sweet heart!
Post a Comment