I cried yesterday and today. It felt good to let those feelings of helplessness and exhaustion out. But I also cried because I want to be better. I don't want to lose it with Harper. I want Wren to feel as loved as Harper did when he was the only one. I have two beautiful children. Two beautiful gifts from God. I don't want to take them for granted. I'm not sure what's next or how to best help Harper through this transition, but I'm going to try, and I'm going to do my best. I love them so much.
1 week ago

4 comments:
You are a wonderful mother Alyssa, and I know you will make it through this time being the better for it. Just keep loving those precious gifts from God and he will direct you in the way to go! Love you lots! ~Kristen
Yes! You are a fabulous mom. This is a tough time, but you'll get through it! I will come pick up Harper sometime soon so that he can have some one-on-one time too. :)
Hang in there Alyssa! I don't know what it is like to have a newborn and a toddler, but just having a toddler is enough to drive me nuts some days. They don't call it terrible twos for nothing!
And remember, even though it doesn't feel like it, it WILL get better.
Thanks everyone. We've had a couple really good days recently. They're good reminders of how sweet and good Harper usually is. I really appreciate all the encouragement!
Post a Comment