Sunday, February 27, 2011

Living Room Inspiration

We had a lovely lunch date with our friends Brian and Erin at their cozy and well put together home. It made me start thinking even more about our home and the vision I have for the living room. I've also lately found some fun home renovating/decorating blogs, and many post "mood boards" for product and color scheme inspiration. I decided to give it a whirl. Here's iteration #1:



*Click on photo to enlarge
  1. Dulaney Mini Sofa by Rowe - already own
  2. Surya area rug - Artist Studio 225 - too expensive, but this is just for inspiration right? (why are rugs so spendy?...or at least all the ones I like?) OR Amy Butler Coventry rug (also too expensive, but maybe I should just sell some stuff and save up some money to get the one I like...hmmm) Which rug do you like?
  3. Stow Chocolate Leather Storage Ottoman (x2) - Crate & Barrel (the best part is that they can provide extra seating, a place to prop up your feet, and the lids flip over to reveal a tray top!)
  4. Dixon chair by Rowe - already own (it's a little more blue than it appears in this photo)
  5. Arc de Triomphe original oil painting - already own, considering a new frame (color/style ideas?)
  6. Wood Gallery Frames - already own (Pottery Barn), and yes that's us in the photos :)
  7. Kinsey Floor Lamp - Crate & Barrel
  8. Decorative vases (random) & Canary Candleholder (cb2)
Other: Throw pillows - one yellow/geometric print lumbar pillow for the chair, and a couple colorful pillows for the sofa (including a midwest mod zinna pillow - pattern by Amy Butler)

What do you think? Have you seen anything around that you think would go well with the pieces we already own? I'm especially having a hard time finding an area rug that I (both of us) like at an affordable price. Anywho, it's WAY past my bedtime so I'm going to call it a night. I already have a few ideas brewing in my head for iteration #2. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks nice! And then when you're done you can come do my house! :)

Josh and Alyssa said...

I'll help decorate any time if someone wants me to! I don't like to impose, so I usually keep my mouth shut.

JAMIE said...

how did you do this? Looks cool!