Last year this month we went on our babymoon. Now our baby has been alive longer than I was pregnant! Harper is a happy and finally healthy 10 month old! His string of viruses and colds seems to be over, but he is currently dealing with two top teeth trying to poke their way through. If it's not one thing keeping him from sleeping through the night it's another. Harper blessed us with a complete night's sleep Sunday night, but it's still not a regular occurrence.
Harper likes to wrinkle up his nose with a toothy grin.
Here are Harper's stats and current milestones:
- Weight: 20lbs. 5 oz.
- Length: 30 inches
- Gross-motor: pulling himself up to standing, crawling on hands and knees, kneeling, clapping
- Fine-motor: pinching and picking up items with his thumb and pointer finger
- Language development: clicking tongue, saying ba-ba, babbling, showing first attempt at signing "more"
- Sleepy-time: putting himself to sleep, sometimes sleeping through the night or up once
- Play-time: loves chasing his ball around, making rhythms (egg-shaker), dancing, climbing
- Foods: loves most anything except peaches (just like Josh and me!), especially likes yogurt, and spicy and tomato based foods
- Other: loves bath time, being outside and story time
What the next two months mean to me:
- First birthday party planning! Woot!
- Only two months left of breastfeeding (or thereabout). As much as I've enjoyed breastfeeding and the bonding time I have with Harper, I'm anticipating being done pumping and having my body to myself. You can be sure I'll be planning a few nights out with Josh and my girlfriends! Oh, and I'm also super excited to plan a sewing retreat this Spring!
- Excitement to see how Harper continues to develop and become more interactive with us and other kids.
- Sadness seeing my wee little baby become a little boy.
4 comments:
I cannot believe you almost have a one year old! It will seem so strange when my baby has been alive longer than I was pregnant. Harper is so handsome, he's really beginning to look like a little boy.
I love the run through of his development. That is neat!
Great job on the bfing.
He looks so much like you in the pictures!
Ten months?! Impossible, it can´t be that much already... they grown up too fast.
So cute!
Post a Comment