Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend in Wisconsin

Our friends, Bryan and Kari, invited us for a weekend at their parents' cabin in Wisconsin. It was incredible to not have any plans and anywhere to be. We had a great time staying in our pajamas until late morning, sitting and chatting by a warm fire, playing with their beautiful daughter, and just enjoying being with friends. We also went for a short walk after the snow had melted (it fell the night before and was mainly slushy). Our weekend with Bryan and Kari would not have been complete without playing Ticket to Ride, so we made sure before dinner on Saturday that we squeezed in a close game.

Today started out with an early morning of driving from the cabin to our church in Minneapolis. We both are now singing in the choir and didn't want to miss Reformation Sunday since we were singing a Bach Cantata complete with brass band and timpani. We also went back in the afternoon to sing for the confirmation service. This afternoon was pretty laid back. Naps have become precious, and I made sure not to miss Brothers & Sisters (a TV show I enjoy). Even though I wasn't going to worry about my list of things to do this weekend, I did get around to making one of two valances for the baby room! Hopefully I will get the second one done this week. Josh already put the one valance up, so here it is! The colors aren't completely accurate, probably because I took the picture after dark, but you get the idea. (And yes, the window needs a new screen.)

No comments: