Saturday, October 31, 2009

16 Weeks

I am now 16 weeks pregnant, and Babu is still growing strong! We had our third prenatal appointment yesterday morning. We really like our doctor. She’s personable and never seems to be in a rush. It was really funny when she was feeling my uterus because she said it “felt big.” I’m guessing she meant it felt big compared to what she usually feels at 16 weeks. She said this could be one of three things: 1. I’m further along then they thought. 2. Since I’m “thin” and haven’t been pregnant this far before, it could just be the way I go through pregnancy. OR 3. “You could be having twins!” I didn’t think number three was a very likely option, especially since we had an ultrasound at 7 weeks that showed only one baby blob in my belly. Our doctor said she would feel stupid if we discovered twins at 20 weeks when she had been telling us otherwise. So after listening to the heartbeat, she took us to another room where she did a quick ultrasound! Even though I was pretty sure we weren’t having twins, I wasn’t going to argue with a chance to see our baby! There is only one Babu, and Josh and I both were amazed with how much Babu looked like a little person squirming around inside of me. Our doctor showed us everything from the perfectly looking spine to the kicking feet to what looked like Babu chewing bubble gum. Our next appointment is on November 25th, just before I gain a few pounds at Thanksgiving. :) This is when we have our scheduled ultrasound and when they will print out pictures for us to share.  
So there you have it. Our impromptu visit with Babu!

No comments: