Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines...Week!


Wow! I feel just spoiled! The Friday before Valentine’s Day, Josh decided to give me my gift early...and iPod shuffle (that cute little pink thing clipped to my sleeve)! He even had “For My Valentine” engraved on the back. Totally a gift my music geek would give, and I love it!

Next...Josh and I went to the John Mayer concert in Saint Paul on Tuesday the 13th. It was a gift from our friend Blake for Christmas. The concert was AWESOME! We had such a great time jammin’ out to the tunes, and afterwards went for a bite to eat at Old Chicago.

On Valentine’s Day, Josh surprised me with flowers and a card waiting for me when we got home from work. I didn’t even have time to smell them because we had 5 minutes to change and get ready to go out. Suggested apparel for the evening: jeans and a sweatshirt. I thought it was an interesting suggestion for Valentine’s Day, but the mystery made it even more exciting. After our fast 5 minutes at home, we hopped in the car and headed towards the twin cities. We found ourselves downtown Minneapolis and meeting up with Josh’s brother Jake. Jake and Josh exchanged something, and we were off again. Come to find out, Jake gave us free tickets to the Timberwolves game...sixth row tickets!!! (Thanks Jake!) It was the best Valentine’s date. Plus, the Timberwolves won! You can’t beat an evening of excitement, bratwursts, and fun with your one and only.

Back home after the game, Josh pulled out 2 pints of Dove ice cream (love that chocolate ganache) for dessert, and we popped in a movie. The fun just never seemed to end...

...and it didn’t. Friday, Josh made the dinner he was planning on making for us on Valentine’s day: filet mignon with some other yummy sides. I love it when Josh cooks, and it is always so tasty!

What a week! I am one lucky gal.

No comments: