Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Will it be today?!

We are now in the last week to couple weeks of pregnancy where you constantly wonder, "Is today the day?!" I've been having some pre labor symptoms since this past Friday, but I know they can go on for awhile before our baby's birthday. I hope it doesn't go on too much past my due date or being woken up by contractions for an hour or two in the middle of the night is going to get old (this has happened a couple of times so far). My body has been prepping with braxton hicks contractions since about week 20, and I can definitely feel that prepping getting stronger with each day that goes by.

I feel pretty good about all that I've accomplished in preparation for this new baby. There are a couple of items still on my to-do list, but overall I give myself a pat on the back. I am thankful I won't feel anxious about having so much to do now.

I'm being pretty careful about going to bed at a decent hour and taking naps when able...because if these late night/early morning episodes are any indication of when this baby is going to come, we're going to need all the sleep we can fit in. Off to bed I go!

No comments: