Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Quick Trip

Harper and I made a quick trip to Decorah, IA this past Friday and Saturday to visit our friends Dan, Allison, Olivia (7mo.), and doggies Ike and Cooper. Harper really enjoyed playing with the doggies and would giggle as they ran to fetch the ball or play tug-o-war. We kept pretty low-key, which was nice. Saturday we did make a couple outings to feed the trout at the fish hatchery (just in time for it to start raining), window shop, lunch at the Angry Pickle, and play at the neighborhood park.

Olivia (7mo.) & Harper (2yr.)
Harper was good with Olivia most of the time...but I can already tell we're going to have to keep a close eye on him around his baby sister!

Dan, Olivia, Allison, Ike, & Cooper

Obligatory picture before parting ways.
It doesn't seem so long ago that we were in high school sports together. Now look at us!

I learned a 3 hour car ride with Harper is about my personal limit. He didn't sleep any on the way home, so we had to improvise ways to keep him busy while I drove. For about an hour, Harper would say any word that came to mind and I would sing a song with that word. Yes, it got old, but I was willing to do most anything to keep a toddler from melting down in the car.

No comments: