I'm finally getting around to the last post covering our Portland trip. It's only been you know...3 weeks. How did I get so busy all of a sudden?
As much time as we spent around downtown, we spent an equal or greater amount of time at my cousin Brad's house with his family and more family that gathered with us. Brad has a big shed where he works on cars, and you can bet Harper loved seeing all his cars and the "tractors."
Brad brought in the toy hot rod. Harper pretty much was in and out of it non-stop.
Aunt Debbie and I took Harper for a ride around the house on the golf cart turned buggy.
Courtney brought out her saxophones. It was hilarious watching Harper discover where the sound came from. Courtney's pretty much busting a gut.
Harper gave it a try but has a lot to learn.
Here we are waiting in our hotel lobby to be picked up. Harper fell asleep on our morning walk around downtown, so I was able to soak up some quiet time in front of the big fireplace.
We stayed our last night in my Aunt Dona and Uncle Bob's mobile home. Harper was a lucky boy and slept with me in the big bed. I love Harper's crazy bed head in this picture and his silly grin. I love it when he wakes up in a great mood.
Family photo before heading back to the airport. From left to right: Cousin Brad, his wife Lori, Courtney, Alyssa, Caitlin, Jordin, and Harper.
Heading home. Harper couldn't have done better on the way home. He slept the whole flight from Portland to Denver and then played and was happy the flight from Denver to Minneapolis...the empty seat next to us helped too.
We can't wait to plan our next trip out West!


No comments:
Post a Comment