Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guys (and Gals) Weekend



A couple of weekends ago we headed to Mankato for what was planned as a guy's weekend. Josh's longtime buddies, Bill, Bryan, and Shane, were all getting together to do what guys do best: play video games, throw a frisbee, watch movies, and drink beer. However, this time Harper and I tagged along to spend time with Kari and Leila (2 1/2 years). The guys were hiding out in the basement for most of the weekend, but the picture above shows one of the meal times when they'd appear for a bite to eat.


I didn't take many pictures since I was enjoying a low-key weekend without chores or things to do other than visit with Kari and play with the kiddos. We did manage a trip to the park and walk around the neighborhood. Harper loved having a whole new set of toys to play with and was especially fascinated with a set of cupcakes and Leila's kitchen set. Oh, and the school bus. He loved the school bus. Thanks Leila for sharing all of your toys with Harper!


After staying up until at least 2am, they guys started Sunday morning off with a movie. While I was showering and getting ready for the day, Josh was on Harper duty...which meant Harper got to watch part of Transformers. Lucky boy.

Thank you to the Pratts for hosting us at their home and for all the yummy meals! 

No comments: