Winter has arrived here in Minnesota, and we have the snow to prove it! I could have settled for 60 degree weather for the rest of the year, but I guess we'll have to get used to the cold once again. Harper and I ventured out for a walk the other day. He didn't say much or really move. I don't think he really knew what to make of the bite to the air and all the snow. He also already voices his disapproval of getting into his snowsuit. Let's hope winter doesn't drag on forever this year.
Harper is now venturing to eat more solids including squash, carrots, green beans, pears, apples, and bananas. I'd say his favorite is bananas, and his least favorite is green beans. We've also let him lick a couple other flavors off our spoons (which he really digs!) like chili, jambalaya, tomato basil soup, and yes...if you've seen Josh's facebook page, a doughnut. Maybe we're bad parents, but he lunges for anything we're eating so we give in and share. No more doughnuts though!
Our new sofa arrived this past week! We LOVE it and are so excited not to have to sit on camp chairs anymore. This photo is pretty yellow, but the color is a great neutral grey. I can't wait to make some throw pillows for it...well, maybe I can until after Christmas. Next items to purchase are a new rug and arm chair, and possibly a floor lamp better than the $10 Target special. We are slowly purchasing one item at a time to decorate and furnish our house, but we're happy to spend time saving and waiting so we buy good quality stuff that will last us a long time.
Harper is now 7 months old and is sitting up on his own. He's so squirmy and active that it still doesn't last a super long time, but he can correct his balance if he starts to lean one way or another and doesn't want to play laying down yet. That's Gerry the Giraffe sneaking into the photo. He's one of Harper's favorite toys that can really get him giggling (a gift from my friend Allison <3).
My parents, Harper's Grandpa and Grandma Kontak, came to visit us this weekend...well, they really came for the Midwest Mountaineering Expo, but they babysat for us Friday night so Josh and I could go to a birthday party and spent quality time with us Saturday and Sunday when they weren't at the expo. I thought this photo was really cute of my dad reading to Harper.
We made a couple stops at the expo, mainly to join my parents for dinner Friday and lunch Saturday, and everyone thought Harper was super cute in his decked out Patagonia and Smartwool winter gear (clearance purchases I made while working at REI). He wasn't too excited about the toboggan, but we'll have to revisit his thoughts after we get him out sledding!


2 comments:
Harper sure is "rocking" that bib :) Such a cutie! -brea
I think it's cute that you have a picture of Harper and one of Ryan next to each other, and both of them are playing on the floor!
Post a Comment