Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Three in one makes for a yummy treat.

My friend Shaghayegh invited us to her World Cup party this past Sunday (yes, we still have somewhat of a social life!). It was the perfect excuse to do some baking! My friend Katie gave me an awesome recipe for lemon curd, but I don't have the perfect cake pan for it like she does so I had to get creative. I really wanted to use her recipe paired with lemon cake mix, and a recipe I found online for lemon fresh-whipped frosting seemed to be the perfect third pairing. If I may say so myself, the cake was absolutely delicious and was not overwhelmingly lemony like the lemon chiffon cake I once made. The frosting was made with a mix of whipped heavy whipping cream, a little of the lemon curd, and a little powdered sugar. Yum! Who doesn't like freshly whipped cream?! I cut each cake into two (horizontally) so that I could make it into a four layer cake with lemon curd and frosting in between each layer. Add a little extra frosting on top with the remaining curd and some raspberries and, "Voila!" a perfect summery treat.

I still have a little extra of the cream frosting in the fridge...I bet it would be good on waffles or fresh crepes!

1 comment:

mandahugandkiss said...

That cake is beautiful & I bet it was just as delicious as it looks. Good job! - Amanda C.