
My good friend Allison, whom I went to high school with and was in gymnastics and track with, got married July 19th in Decorah, Iowa to her best friend Dan. Allison planned an absolutely perfect wedding complete with gorgeous dresses, beautiful flowers, wonderful music, tasty food, and romantic decorations. Allison and Dan asked Josh and me to sing two songs, "I Can Only Imagine" and "I Will Be Here," during the ceremony. We had a couple technical difficulties and Josh's guitar de-strapped itself in the middle of a song (he made a good save), but overall it went really well. The other bridesmaids were Amy (Allison's friend since childhood), Jamie and Corynn (friends from high school), and Kirstin (Dan's sister).

After the ceremony, I got my first ride in a limo complete with bottles (I mean
bottles) of champagne! The happy couple and wedding party piled into the huge limo for a ride to a couple of picture taking locations and to the reception. Their reception was in the Opera Ballroom of Hotel Winnesheik. It was GORGEOUS! The room looked historic with the stage, mezzanine, hard wood floor, metal tiled ceiling and walls, and warm colors, along with Allison's fresh flowers, hundreds of candles, and elegant place cards and favors.
No comments:
Post a Comment