Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Halloween


This Halloween we each dressed up as a character from the Hundred Acre Wood. I made Harper's whole costume and Wren's hood, and threw together a few different things for the rest. We couldn't get Wren's whole costume in the picture as it was kind of chilly on Halloween. Harper trick-or-treated at our church's "Trunk-or-Treat" event. Since he isn't much into candy (though I'm sure he would be if we let him), it was the perfect way to see a bunch of dressed up kids and people we knew. Afterwards, we went home for some chili and to pass out treats to a few people who stopped by our house.

The week before Halloween, Josh and Harper (well, more like just Josh) carved one of our pumpkins. I love the photo below of Josh pep-talking Harper into scooping out some pumpkin guts and Harper not looking too sure about it.


Josh was able to hand him some guts, and Harper held it long enough for me to snap this picture. Harper told us what shapes to carve the eyes and nose and that it should be a happy pumpkin.

Harper is proud of his pumpkin that daddy carved. If I took a picture of the jack-o-lantern now, it would look rather disgusting. Between the weather and the hungry squirrels, it's a rather pathetic sight.

No comments: