Monday, October 15, 2012

Harper's 2 1/2 "un-birthday"


2 1/2 already! Harper has grown up and changed so much even since the beginning of summer. His vocabulary is exploding, and he's talking in sentences. He's starting to say things that are funny and worth writing down, otherwise I forget when trying to tell Joshua over dinner. For example, he asked me the other day if I could do something, to which I replied I can't and said he should do it. Harper then said, "Do you maybe want to try actually?" I guess I'd better start being careful about what I say I "can't" do and what I don't want to do. He has a lively imagination so when we play everything is alive and can talk. He will pantomime when something is absent (like a steering wheel), and he has a fabulous memory. Just tonight he recited the first couple pages of the book "Cars and Trucks and Things That Go" without even opening the cover. Potty training is going very well. It's rare he has an accident now. He still throws tantrums, is sometimes not very nice to his friends, and always asks for 5 more minutes when he wants to stall or delay, but overall he is a very good boy. 

The pictures in this post show him in his new winter coat I just finished making. He loves looking at the little cars and robots. It should be pretty warm too, as it has a thicker cotton exterior with wind block fleece lining. I love how it turned out and think he does too since he actually tried it on for me.


1 comment:

Jana said...

LOVE the coat!