This past Saturday was one of those really great days you don't want to end. My parents drove up for the day, and since it was sunny and warm, we headed over to Lake Calhoun for a walk and lunch at the Tin Fish. The line was pretty long (it was the nicest day in weeks!), but Grandpa K had fun taking Harper around to the dock and shoreline to check out the water, ducks, boats, rocks, you name it. Lunch at the Tin Fish always makes for a nice day too.
We had to beeline it back from the lake so my mom and I could change into our dresses and hats and head over to church for a Ladies' Afternoon Tea. Doesn't my mom look fabulous?! Everything from cucumber sandwiches to lavender scones to chocolate dipped strawberries to lemon tarts...pretty much anything that reminds you of afternoon tea was there. They had a photographer there to take posed photos, so once I get my copy via email, I'll post it for you to see us together. We had a great time visiting with other ladies, enjoying treats and tea, and admiring everyone's hats. I'm so glad my mom was there so I could treat her for Mother's Day.
Back at home, we spent more time outdoors while Josh grilled up some burgers and asparagus for dinner. Harper was loving watching and chasing after the bubbles. This is when Josh snapped that super sweet photo of Harper and my dad.
Harper's still practicing his walking and continues to get more balanced and confident day by day. He usually gets too excited and lunges for those last couple steps like in this picture:
Mother's day started off with church, then I spent some extra special time cuddling with my baby. It was a rainy day, so our plans for a bike ride were canceled. Boo. Josh made lunch, dinner (our friends Erik and Lara joined us and brought wine!), and a homemade cheesecake for dessert. Then, he did ALL the dishes. It's amazing to be a mommy to such a wonderful little boy. I love him so much!


1 comment:
He's such a sweet little boy. :)
Post a Comment