I honestly hadn't thought much about my birthday this year. I figure that is what happens when you have a kid, and I'm happy for it since now is when I'd like to start forgetting that I'm getting older. I don't feel old yet, but time is passing quickly and definitely isn't slowing down.
Josh was super-husband this year and planned a surprise brunch for me and my girlfriends. I was so thankful and happy so many of my closest friends made it through all the snow and sub-zero temperatures to celebrate with me. How blessed am I to have such wonderful friends?!
Josh went above and beyond and put all but the apron on as he prepared homemade Belgian waffles and hot drinks to order. To top the waffles, he chopped up mango, apples, strawberries and blueberries to go along with the syrup and powdered sugar. So yummy! It was a perfect way to celebrate. (On the right you can see our new card/photo display in the kitchen put together with thin cable, eye screws, and key rings - just in time for displaying Christmas cards.)
I don't think you could ever go wrong with fresh homemade waffles and fresh fruit.
Here's my friend Jamie L. with Harper. So cute! I'm pretty sure Harper thought the party was for him.
We gave Jozef and Harper birthday treats too. It was fun to watch them suck the juices out of the orange slices.
Later that night, our friends Jamie and Corynn babysat Harper so Josh could take me to dinner at Cafe Maude. I had the tuna poke and grilled asparagus, Josh had a cheeseburger, and we shared this chocolate hazelnut torte for dessert.
And if that wasn't enough celebrating, my co-workers threw a party for me Monday with a lemon bundt cake, and Jamie K. brought over a chocolate cake with ganache frosting that evening. So many sweets, but I'm definitely not complaining!
Thank you to everyone for making my birthday special and memorable. Year 25 was really good to me. Let's hope I can say the same for year 26!





No comments:
Post a Comment