Sunday, February 17, 2008

Afton Alps

Josh gave me part of my Christmas present this weekend by taking me skiing at Afton Alps. We had such a blast being ski bums! Both days were great for skiing. The first day was bright, sunny, and in the high 20s. The second day was overcast, a little windier, and just a little colder than the first. I think we ended up skiing around 6 hours each day. I hadn't been skiing in probably 3 years, so I was a little nervous going down my first run. Though it all came back after that.
We stayed the night at a hotel in Cottage Grove and took advantage of the hot tub! Even though it was only one night, it was fun to get away for a mini vacation.

I only fell once the whole weekend and that was at the bottom of a black diamond. Once you got to the bottom of the slope there wasn't much space before it went up the other side. Without going into much detail, I had too much speed at the bottom, started going up the other side (figuring it was a good way to slow down), leaned too far back, fell backwards on my skis, and then slid down the hill to a stop. Josh was watching from up on the slope...we both couldn't stop laughing. And though not from the fall, I did come home with a nasty bruise on the back of my left calf. A couple of the chair lifts came in real low and hit me in the leg before I sat down far enough. Ouch!

1 comment:

corynn.koch said...

I'm so glad that you guys had such a good time. You deserve it! Love you both.