1 week ago
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Blessed
My grandpa, Rolland E. Kontak, passed away this last week. During the funeral service, the pastor said in his message that every time he asked my grandpa, "How are you Rolly?," my grandpa would answer, "BLESSED!"
Even though I mourn this loss, I can truly say that I've been blessed to have such a wonderful grandpa. I've learned many things from him and have many things left to learn from the way he lived his life. My grandpa was a very passionate man: passionate for his faith in Jesus Christ, his family, and his many hobbies. I only hope someday that I am half as faithful, active, and dedicated as he was. I've cried many tears, but I smile knowing he is youthful and at peace in heaven with his King. He is in THE place. I love you Grandpa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alyssa
We are so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. You were definitely blessed to have him in your life.
Brian and Jen
Although I only had the privilege of speaking with your grandfather a couple of times, I feel blessed to have known him. He was a kind, cheerful, interesting, and lovely man.
Post a Comment